Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lost and Found!

One day, I looked down at my hand and was shocked to see that my diamond was missing. Actually, it wasn't just the diamond, the entire setting had fallen off. After many hours of retracing my steps and everyone else frantically searching through the house, Jairin found the missing diamond under the couch.

I put it carefully away, knowing it might be awhile before we could get it fixed. Unbeknownst to me, Rob took it to a jewelers and had it repaired. One evening, we went on a date. We decided to serendip, or so I thought. We went to dinner at a place I had always wanted to try (Haliimaile General Store-- home of the chocolate macadamia nut pie). I thought I had just serendipitously chosen this restaurant, but it turns out that he'd had the whole thing planned all along :-)! Half way through the meal, he slipped the velvet box with my ring in it into the basket of dinner rolls. When I reached in to get a roll and saw the box, I had a strange surreal experience in which I suddenly couldn't remember who I was or what I was doing. I felt like I was young girl about to receive a marriage proposal. When I snapped out of it after a few seconds and managed to open the box, there was my ring, back in one piece and looking even more beautiful than before.


This is one reason I love Rob so much. He can still surprise me after all these years.

1 comment: